Getting a sparkling bathroom not only depends on the amenities in it but also on the flooring material that is used. Choosing the perfect flooring material can be a crucial decision as it adds to the visual appeal of your bathroom. It is very important to first decide on the theme of your bathroom and the furniture that will be in it to avoid accidents or falls.
Bathroom flooring options include vinyl, tile, cork, glass, linoleum and laminate. Though vinyl and tile is the most commonly used flooring material that is more practical, customers are also inclined to trying cork, stone and glass which are other materials available in the market. We have a quick guide with specifications to help you determine the perfect flooring for your bathroom.
- Vinyl Tile – Vinyl flooring presents a wonderful aesthetic visual appeal to your bathroom. It is most sought after flooring material as it is affordable and is very practical. It is perfect for every bath area in your home including the powder room. Compared to other flooring materials it is very sturdy, comfortable and safe. Vinyl however, can lose its color over a period of time when exposed to sunlight and tends to tear easily, making it difficult to repair.
- Tiles – Tiles both ceramic and tile have an exquisite look when installed in your bathroom. However compared to vinyl flooring, tiles have a much harder surface, thereby reducing the level of comfort under the foot. Tiles are resistant to scratches and damage caused by wear and tear. Tile flooring tends to be cold on your feet on a winter day and glazed tiles tend to get slippery when wet.
- Laminate – This flooring material is the most desirable as it can mirror the look of various flooring materials that range from wood, stone, slate and Travertine. Laminate flooring enables you to strengthen the natural appearance of your bathroom. Laminate gets damaged easily if there is retention of water on the surface and it is not possible to repair it. The only alternative is to replace it.
- Natural Stone – Natural stone has gained popularity in the recent times as is used effortlessly as a flooring material in bathrooms. It is available in a wide range of colors, patterns, designs and materials that include marble, granite, slate and limestone. The colors of these tiles vary from reds, greens, gold and blues. However maintaining stone flooring is a tough task as it requires cleaning at regular intervals of time along with sealing. Stone flooring is an expensive project as it requires sealing to be done at regular intervals of time.
- Concrete – Concrete is an extremely durable and dependable flooring material that stands its test of time against water. It is the first choice which is perfect to be used in a bathroom. It is available in a variety of colors, patterns and designs that give your bathroom an exquisite visual appeal. Concrete flooring needs to be sealed properly to avoid moisture from entering it as prolonged moisture in the flooring results in formation of mold or mild dew.
Please use our comments page to let us know the flooring material installed in your bathroom.