Hardwood is one of the most beautiful flooring options available. But you should also consider the cost associated with it. Especially if you are on a low budget you would want to do the wood flooring installation yourself. DIY wood installing might seem like a great way to save money, but it requires skill and expertise to pull of such a difficult job without any professional help. If you are not confident about the installation, it is always better to hire a professional.
There are many steps in hardwood installation process,
- Acclimating the wood
- Preparing the floor
- Removal of old flooring
- Examining the floor
- Leveling the floor
- Cleaning and sealing the floor
- Laying the moisture resistant sub-floor
- Taking the measurements accurately
- Installing the wood floor
- Finishing the wood floor installation
For those of you planning to install wood flooring on your own, we have collected 5 YouTube videos to help you with DIY wood flooring installation.
1. How to Install a Hardwood Floating Floor – by UrbanFloor
2. Hardwood Flooring Installation: Nail Down Solid Hardwood Installation – by Armstrong
3. How to Install Engineered Hardwood Flooring – by doitbest
4. Glue-Down Hardwood Floor Installation – by iFloor.com
Wait a minute; we mentioned top 5 YouTube videos and there are only 4 of them isn’t it? That’s the twist here. In all the above videos you’ll learn how to install wood flooring, but in the last one, you’ll know “How NOT to Install Wood Floor”. This video will help you solve the problems that might arise during the installation process.
5. How NOT to Install Wood Floor – by BuildDirect
On a final note, these are videos collected from YouTube to help you and meant for purely informational purposes. Hope you like our list and found it useful. Post in your comments below.