If you have a stone flooring, that is damaged or you willing to go for renovation. Here is the answer for your doubts. Epoxy stone flooring is a tool to rebuild your floor by covering or replacing it. Epoxy stone floors are long lasting, durable and easy to install. Epoxy stone flooring is highly attractive resistant to stains with long lasting wear.
It is plastic material used to glue the marbles, pebbles or slate etc together that gets tighten when comes in contact with air. Using epoxy flooring you can hide the flaws of the existing flooring making it much more visually vibrant.
Epoxy flooring installation generally takes 12-13 hours time and for 24-26 hours the flooring should not be disturbed to gain the complete look and potency. Total average cost for having an epoxy stone flooring lies in between 2$-5$ per square foot. The price may vary depending on the location and amount of customization work involved with the flooring. Epoxy stone flooring is one of the favorite flooring options for porches, basements, garages, pool decks, laundry rooms, walk ways etc.
Simple Epoxy Stone Installation Steps
- Preparing the floors by sanding them for resurfacing.
- Adding the required color combination to the epoxy for resurfacing.
- Repeat the above steps for three times and let the floor dry for 12 hours.
Epoxy Stone Flooring Maintenance
The color of your epoxy stone might darken very slightly as it ages. This darkening is chiefly due to usage of natural stones. If there is any water damage or extremely high foot traffic, the flooring needs to reseal. It is recommended that you always engage a professional for your epoxy stone flooring and maintenance. The adhesive that we use to work with stone flooring is not available for general public. Also installing stone flooring on your own is a very tough job.
Pros of Epoxy Stone Flooring
- They are highly resistant to moisture, molds and fire.
- They usually require very less cleaning and upkeep.
- Epoxy stone flooring offers the principle strongest flooring, which normal flooring could ever provide.
- They have strong adhesive properties and resistance to chemicals.
- Epoxy stone can bear any endurance from abrasiveness to high traffic.
Cons of Epoxy Stone Flooring
- The installation process is very easy but time consuming as it needs to dry. Larger the area long the time takes.
- Takes nearly 9-12 hours to dry, until the floor cannot be used.
- The chemical compounds used in epoxy may sometimes cause allergies when come into contact.
The advantages are much more appealing than the disadvantages for epoxy flooring. If time factor ignored, epoxy stone flooring can be an ideal option for people who want maximum durable flooring with fewer hurdles. What is your opinion on epoxy stone flooring?