Tile flooring is one of the flooring types that have increased in demand mainly because of its resilience and its adaptability. Cost, designs, grouts and sealants, and accents are some reasons you should consider before purchasing tile as a flooring option. These should be given a thought as these variations can affect the tiles appeal and its cost.
Below are some factors to consider before installing tile floors:
- Choose tile floors: Tile floors have the most obvious benefits, which include its resilience and cost of maintenance.
- Maintaining tile floors: If cleaned on a regular basis, tile flooring is considered the easiest type of floor for a home. Daily cleaning can only enhance the look of the tile flooring by retaining its shine and its visual appearance and increases the sheen of your home.
- Selecting it right: Tile floors come in a variety of shapes, sizes and textures. The size of a tile starts 1 inch to 2 feet. Most commonly used tile size range from 1 foot to 1.5 feet. Depending on your design and taste, a variety of designs are available and they can be cut to fit to your taste and your desired look.
- Grout color: Grout is nothing but cement based material that is used to bond the joints in between tiles. Grout comes in a variety of colors to suit the color of your tile floors. Light colored grout helps to highlight the color of the tile whereas darker colored grout tends to emphasize on the design of the tile. If you are looking on how to choose for high trafficked areas, it is best to go for dark colored grout, as white or light colored grout can be a difficult task to maintain.
- Maintenance: Tiles as considered as an easy to care for type of flooring option. Any dirt, spills or stains can be easily wiped and mopped.
- Anti slip: Advantage of ceramic tile flooring is that, they are available in shiny and rough surfaces. These rough surfaced tiles are best used in areas that tend to become slippery overtime.
- Durability: When choosing tile as a flooring option, look and see carefully if they are scratch resistant. The PEI rating says it all for the tile flooring but that should not be the only factor to consider before purchasing tiles. Tiles have the strength to withstand the wear and tear in all areas of a home and you must be rest assured that tiles have the most durability and also a very appealing look.
- Choosing the style: Make sure to select the tile with high quality. Different styles and types of material may differ. You can choose from a huge selection of styles that can add value to your home.
- Installing methods: Different techniques to install tile flooring, the main detail that has to be considered is to have all the right materials like high quality cement material, the correct color grout, good sealer and the tools to cut tile.
The above factors should be taken into consideration if you want to have a stable and good looking floor.