Laminate also called a “Floating Wood Tile” is a multi layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood with a photographic layer under a clear protective layer. Laminate is significantly popular from decades because of its ease of installation and maintenance than other traditional surfaces like Hardwood Flooring. Laminate also has other benefits of costing less, practical, fuss- free and simple to fit than other alternative flooring materials. Also due to its ease of installation, having professional flooring contractors for fitting your floors can be less expensive. Laminate is reasonably durable, hygienic (no anti- microbial resin), and relatively easy to maintain. Laminate comes in a variety of realistic wood, slate and stone finishes and can be suitable for any room in your home.
But have kids and tiny pets in your home? Relax!! With a durable Laminate floor, you don’t have to worry.
Laminate is versatile as it is-
- Resistant to water
- A traffic control product
- Scratch resistant
- Noise resistant
- Attached underlayment provides easier installation
- No glues, nails or staples needed
Things to Consider before you pick a beautiful laminate for your home-
- Laminate Molding and Trim
- Flooring Tools and Materials
- Laminate Stair Treads &
- Laminate Samples like (Brand, price and colour)
But many homeowners are concerned about how they should care for their laminate flooring? Here you can look into some easy ways to care your laminate, offers a hassle free cleaning.
How to care for your laminate flooring?
Today’s laminate are manufactured to lock out dirt, dust and daily wear but they still require its usual care and maintenance for its beauty to last for a long time.
- Do not use steam cleaners or wet mops that causes irreparable damage to your floor.
- For tough spots such as oils, lipstick, marker stains or tar etc., make use of acetone or nail polish remover on the stained area with a damp cloth.
Caution- Never allow liquids to stand on your laminate, use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen.
- Do not wash or wet mop your laminate with soap, detergent (oil- soap) or any other harsh liquid cleaning products, this could cause de- laminating, warping, swelling and permit separation of laminate joints.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine on your laminate floors.
- For spots like candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and gently scrape with a plastic scraper. Repeat the same until the mark is gone and wipe the area after with a damp cloth.
Caution- But you should be careful not to scratch the flooring surface.
- Clean your floors once in a while with cleaning products that is specially for laminate floor care.
Caution- Avoid using steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammonia or chlorine type cleaners.
- Frequent dust vacuuming schedule may require maintaining its durability.
Following these tips can keep your laminate floors looking brand new for ages.
Still don’t think these tips is the best way to clean laminate floors, or have any questions or want to share your own tips on laminate care? Great!! Feel free to post your comment below.
* Please give us your valuable feedback on this article.