Carpet is by far the most popular flooring option in today’s market due to its immense advantages. It acts as a good sound insulator, warm and soft underfoot, and requires simple maintenance. But before purchasing a carpet for your home, you need to consider some points.
Do you have toddlers or pets? If so then spending ample amount of money on a costly carpet can go for a waste. You need to know how much you want to spend for your flooring and then do some research as to where you will get the most durable carpet at your price range. If you feel there will be a lot of foot traffic, then you should go for a carpet that can withstand any kind of wear and tear.
The second point is to be sure that the new carpet color will match your old décor. Once you have old furniture and furnishings and you are just changing the flooring, then one need’s to make sure that the new carpet blends well but if you are redecorating your whole space, then you will have a wider range of colors, patterns and designs to look in to.
The size of the room and the amount of lighting that room gets make a difference while choosing for a carpet. For instance, if you get lot of light then it will be a good idea to go for darker color shades. And if you have a smaller size room, to brighten up the room it would be best if you get a lighter shade carpet for the room to make it look bigger and brighter.
Given below are a few pointers to consider before choosing carpet flooring for your living room.
- Your flooring is the most noticeable interior in your home. If carpet is your choice, then it will be the most used space as well. Therefore you need to set the space according to the way you make the room. Whether you make it lively or a relaxed space depends on the color of the carpet. Since your living room is the most used space for people to relax and talk or have a get together, your color tones should match your overall personality.
- Your space depends on the color of the carpet. Look for different colors, and what is most used in today’s market to get a better idea. Make sure to know the color combos.
- You need to be sure you are choosing the right colors. If you have young kids or pets make no mistake by choosing light color carpets. With dark color carpets, the advantage is that the stains and spills can be hidden and with pets around it is best to have dark color carpets to hide the dirt and mud. In general, it is better to go for darker shades for better maintenance when you have guests or parties.
- Once your flooring is installed, it has to last for at least for a minimum of 5 years. So when choosing the color of the carpet, you must make sure to choose wisely and not choose something that you will outgrow. Just because, in today’s market, the color pink is in, you cannot choose that color for your carpet and get tired of the carpet in some time. You need to pick a color that will last as long as the life of the carpet and not just for a year or two.
- If you are not able to decide which color or what type of carpet, the next best thing is to ask a family member. As it is something that the entire family will have to live with, it is best to ask an input about their ideas and choices and make it a simpler decision than to complicate it. Best is to take someone to check out the carpet samples and get another opinion.
Choosing a carpet for a living room can be a tough job, but once the choice is made, you need to be wise when choosing the color of the carpet. If you have an option, it would be good to opt for multi colored carpets or carpets with slight design instead of single colored carpets as it can hide the stains. If you have a plain color carpet and tea spills, it can look very ugly and can destroy the look of the room.