You might love coffee black and hot but not on your carpet. Removing annoying coffee stains on your good-looking carpet is not as tough you might think. Here you can see some effective carpet cleaning options to get the stain gone and carpet back to normal. It would be easier to get rid of the stain if you clean very next minute, sooner while it’s still wet. These natural cleaning options would certainly help you.
You will need:
- Clean white cloths
- A bowl
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp dish washing liquid
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Cold water
- Dry Cleaning solvent (Optional)
Step By Step Procedure To Clean Coffee Stains On Your Carpet
- Blot up coffee – Use a cloth to blot up as much of the stain on the carpet as you can. Blot the stain rather than rubbing on the carpet. The sooner you catch the stain, the better result you would get- preferably while it’s still wet.
- Mix Solution – Mix the warm water, dish-washing liquid and vinegar in a bowl. Before you proceed, test a small hidden area first to make sure that the cleaning solution won’t cause any adverse effects to the color or the texture of the carpeting.
- Wipe Stain – Dampen a cloth in the solution then wipe the stain a little at a time frequently until the stain becomes lighter.
- Blot Stain – Blot the stain with a dry cloth.
- Continue until gone – Continue wiping the stain with the solution and then blot it with a clean cloth until the stain disappears.
- If the stain remains – If, the stain still persists then add 0.25 tsp of dry cleaning solvent/ carpet shampoo to 1 liter of Luke warm water where you can sponge it on the stains following directions on the product. Remember before applying ensues with a patch test.
- Sponge area – Dampen another cloth in cold water on the stains to remove detergent solution, if any. Blot and repeat till the detergent get disappeared. When the stain is completely disappeared, lay a small stack of paper towels over the wet areas to absorb water for couple of hours. This helps to draw out the last bit of water from the carpet fibers.
- Blot area dry – Allow the area to air dry completely or even ironing after the stain is removed is a good idea for speedy drying or you may leave over night to ensure that all the water gets absorbed.
- Finally, vacuum to restore the carpet’s texture.
- The longer you wait to get stain out of the carpet, the harder it will be to get it out. So, act quickly.
- Avoid walking on the cleaned spot until it get dry completely.
- While using chemicals like detergents or carpet shampoos do follow the instructions on the products as they contain caustic ingredients which may result in damage to the carpet.
- Wear rubber gloves while using chemicals just to be careful.