Carpet- With so many guests at your home, it’s bound to happen; a spill or splotch on your nice-looking carpet. If you are scared to remove red wine spills on your carpet and you might think it’s difficult to get rid out of your carpet. But not to worry- Here you can see some effective cleaning options to get the messes out of your carpet flooring and getting your carpet back to fresh usual carpet.
As you know, the longer you leave a stain, the more difficult it is to remove. So, the sooner you can treat these spills, the less likely that there will be a stain. If you can start removing the stain before it fully sets into the carpet, you’ll have a better shot at getting rid out of it.
Step by step procedure to clean red wine stains on your Carpet –
Here is one way to go if you want to know how to remove red wine out of carpet-
- Blot the stain with white cloth or paper towels as much as the red stain you can, soak up as much of the stain as you can and be careful not to rub, as rubbing can push the stain deeper into the carpet’s fibers.
- Once you finish with the blotting, pour a bit of cold water directly on to the wine stain. By doing this, it helps dilute what remains of the stain, which makes blotting a bit easier.
- Continue blotting until you find that no more of the stain comes out.
- Then, make use of baking soda to absorb the red wine stain.
- Now prepare a baking soda paste by mixing a three to one ratio of water to baking soda and make it apply to the affected.
- Once the paste is getting dried, vacuum the stain.
- Here there is another method you can test where you can get stain out of your carpet or any tough wine stains on your carpet. However, this method uses vinegar, so make sure you have some in your hand.
As with most stains, it’s is better to blot the stain to remove wine that hasn’t been absorbed yet then, you can use paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Mix one table spoon of white vinegar and one table spoon of dish washing liquid in a small bowl with cups of warm water.
- Dip a sponge into the bowl and applying the solution directly onto the wine stain.
- Continue the blotting until the stain has lifted from the carpet.
- You may leave for some time after the stains get disappeared.
The best time to treat the stain is using carpet shampoo immediately after you finished with the blotting. The fresher the stain, the more likely you’ll be able to remove it with less difficulty.
Red wine stain can be stained using the carpet shampoo and hydrogen peroxide method.
- Mix a table spoon of carpet cleaning shampoo with one cup of hydrogen peroxide (the bigger the stain, the more mixture you’ll need).
- Dip a clean sponge in the solution and blot the mixture onto the stain and continue the blotting until the red stain fades.
- Once the stain is removed, rinse the stain area from the carper using warm water and a clean towel.
- Repeat the same until the stain get disappears on your good- looking carpet.
- Finally vacuum to bring back the carpet’s texture.
Above Carpet Cleaning tips would positively help you to get out red wine stains out of your carpet. Follow the simple step-by-step Carpet Cleaning instructions above of any of the methods and remove that nasty red wine stain from your carpet for good appearance. For removing coffee stains go through another post : How To Get Rid Of Coffee Stains On Your Carpet?