As it has been rightly said, change is the only constant. With the technological advancement happening all over the world, most of the things are replaced by better versions of themselves quite often. The same is true for everything right from mobile phones to flooring options.
If you are thinking about remodeling your house, then you must already know that involves a lot of decisions to be taken. Right from ensuring that the flooring matches the wall paint to making sure that the furniture mingles well with the overall theme, everything needs to be decided wisely to ensure that the end result is worth the work.
Choosing the best wood flooring type for the house can be one of the toughest decisions you may have to make. With so many types of options flooding the market, it’s not easy to take your pick. One is bound to get confused between buying carpet, laminate, tile or hardwood flooring just to name a few. Among all of these options, hardwood flooring has been people’s favorite for more than a century now.
Hardwood Flooring: Benefits:
- This flooring is extremely durable. After this flooring is installed, one may not need change the flooring for another decade or two unlike its counterparts such as tile flooring or laminate flooring. This makes it perfect for high foot traffic areas such as living room or the kitchen.
- This flooring is very easy to maintain. Because hardwood flooring does not attract dust and dirt like carpet flooring, it becomes very easy to clean it. If there is a spill, all you need to do is wipe it with a wet mop and then a dry one. One thing that needs to be ensured is that water shouldn’t remain on the surface of the flooring for too long.
- This flooring is available in a lot of varieties. Right from cherry to oak, hardwood flooring comes in a lot of different varieties which also differ in their properties and colors. This gives the customers a wide variety to choose from. It is interesting to note that since the flooring is living, it changes its colour over time, especially if exposed to sunlight.
- This flooring has the highest resale value among all the other options. Because of its durability, the homes that are installed with hardwood floors have a comparatively high resale value than the homes with any other type of flooring.
- This flooring is very easy to install all by yourself. All you need to decide is whether to choose finished or unfinished hardwood floor.
Before buying hardwood floors for your house, make sure to check out the latest wood flooring trends to ensure the best buy for your place.