Marble is a natural stone that is formed by crystallizing limestone or dolomite rock at high temperature or pressure. It is the oldest stone that dates back to centuries as it is easy to work with and is extremely durable. It is very brittle and extreme care needs to be taken while polishing and installing Marble. Marble is available in various colors and patterns ranging from white, cream, pink, brown and yellow. Marble is refined many times to give it the brilliant shine and glow. Marble adds to the opulent grandeur of your home or office where it is installed.
Pros or Advantages of Installing Marble Stone as a Flooring Material
- Marble stone flooring is available in a broad range of colors, patterns and designs. Due to the natural composition of marble each individual piece is unique and different from another.
- Marble has a very smooth surface as it polished many times to give it a brilliant shine. Manufacturers polish the stone to make its natural appearance, noticeable and bright.
- Marble is a transparent and delicate stone that allows light to penetrate its surface and give out a unique brilliance to the room it is installed in.
- It is Eco friendly as it is formed from natural limestone or dolomite stone and is completely degradable at the end of its life time.
Cons or Drawbacks of Installing Marble Flooring
- Marble flooring purchase and installation is a very costly affair as it involves a lot of hard work to bring out its shine and radiance.
- Due to polishing marble tends to be a slippery flooring material so it is dangerous to install it in areas where there is water to avoid hazardous slips and falls.
- The polished surface of Marble tends to get scratches due to moving or dragging out heavy furniture.
- Liquid spills and food spills that are acidic in nature like lime juice, sauces, and wine need to be taken care of immediately to avoid stains on the surface of the Marble.
- Maintaining a marble floor is a very tedious task as it needs to be sealed and polished properly by professionals to retain its look and beauty.
- Replacing a marble floor is very difficult as it is a very heavy stone.
Marble is the most beautiful stone flooring that adds a bright glow to your home. Though it is an expensive merchandise to buy and install it gives back high returns by boosting up the monetary value of your property. Express Flooring offers exceptional stone cleaning services in all over Arizona. For more information visit our Stone and Travertine Cleaning Phoenix page.