Wood has always been the ideal floors among the flooring types. It is the most attractive, aesthetic, amiable material that becomes a focal point wherever it has been laid. Wood flooring is the most preferable choice for any home owner to enhance the beauty of the surroundings and to add value to the property. With the technological advancements the sturdiness of wood have been improved so far that it has become an essential concern for commercial areas too. Wood flooring offers a great style statement to both conventional and contemporary homes. It is an expensive choice with limited supply due to depleting resources.
The growing environment concern and protecting natural resources brought about reuse of waste, old or left out material that shaped into reclaimed wood. There are two reclaimed flooring types available, reclaimed wood and reclaimed rubber. Reclaimed wood surprisingly is the most stable, recycled, and refined material with improved finishes. The most attractive aspect of reclaimed woods is they are natural green material without any chemical treatments that offer sturdiness to both commercial and residential flooring. This usage of reclaimed woods is not a latest theory; its applications are mostly in renovating and remodeling homes. Reclaimed wood flooring is becoming popular as it offers the same value to your home like the real hardwoods and also lasts long with excellent steadiness.
Pros of Reclaimed Wood Flooring
The very first understanding on purchasing reclaimed wood flooring is to buy from a reliable authorized source. With the increasing use of reclaimed wood most of the unauthorized dealers use cheap quality lumber on the name of reclaimed woods and sell them for lesser price.
- Reclaimed wood flooring is harder than the natural woods.
- Reclaimed wood can be used for any purpose, right from flooring to making cabinets, countertops, tables etc.
- Reclaimed woods are generally produced from the trees that have grown for more than 100 years, hence the flooring that is laid using reclaimed woods have unique appeal and attraction.
- These woods are easy to clean maintain and are hardwearing. Reclaimed woods provide resistance to stains, scratches and tend to expand less when compared to original woods.
- Reclaimed wood floors provide exceptional resonance and are foot friendly.
- Reclaimed woods come with different shades and designs similar to natural hardwood flooring with promising quality.
- A reclaimed floor is of superior quality and is not that expensive unlike the natural hardwood flooring.
- The older the wood is the lesser the treatment of the reclaimed woods. These woods are sustainable and can withstand extreme conditions.
Cons of Reclaimed Wood Flooring
- VOCs: A reclaimed wood undergoes a detail treatment process where few dealers use adhesives or chemical treatments that may release VOCs into indoors polluting the air quality. Go for a thorough check with the reliable dealer and check for the certified VOC free reclaimed woods.
- Pests: Wood are the favored habitats for many insects, older wood or the new one a thorough check for the pests has to be made before purchasing.
- Humidity: Excessive or lack of humidity may cause reclaimed wood to expand or contract, which might spoil the look of the flooring.