Rubber flooring has many inherent properties that make it a preferable pick in the list of commercial flooring types. Many commercial, institutional, industrial and residential areas with high traffic require sturdy floors that can with stand heavy performance, lasting long with minimum wear and tear. Growing concerns towards environment, customers likely to buy flooring that is recyclable, renewable and eco-friendly. Rubber flooring is a naturally produced material that can be replenished and recycled. It is highly durable material and easy to install.
One of the best feature of rubber flooring is it can be laid in any breadth and no limitations regarding climate. With the available colors patterns designs in the markets customers are getting attracted to rubber flooring to meet their interior and exterior flooring needs. Manufactures and salesman are promoting rubber flooring for its growing recognition and inbuilt quality that lasts long. Rubber flooring is generally available in market in different types like,
- Rolled Rubber Flooring (Sheet)
- Rubber Tile Flooring
Rubber flooring installation is generally done by gluing or interlocking the tiles. The available flooring patterns in the market for rubber flooring is plain, studded and diamond type. This flooring type is mostly adapted in the areas like gyms, kitchens, outdoor patios, kids play rooms, basements, garages, laundry rooms, theaters and commercial gyms etc.
Pros of Rubber Flooring
- Rubber flooring is easy to install and for home owners who wish to lay on their own (DIY) this is an easy to handle material.
- The fundamental aspect of rubber flooring is they are excellent noise absorbents. Hence the floor doesn’t require any extra sound suppressing barrier to be installed.
- Rubber flooring is highly durable material with promising quality that can ensure high performance in the areas with more foot traffic.
- Rubber flooring tiles and sheets offer non-slippery surfaces, non-allergic properties, and anti-fatigue and foot friendly walk.
- They are versatile, decorative, safe and easily available flooring material.
- This floor doesn’t require much upkeep and cleaning is a very easy aspect. They are generally resistant to stains damages and never fade away the original color.
- Rubber flooring is moisture resistant, fire and burn resistant that doesn’t produce noxious fumes into the atmosphere.
- The most profitable feature of rubber flooring is they can be transported when ever required with ease.
- It is an excellent insulator that retains both cool and hot air accordingly.
Cons of Rubber Flooring
- Texture is quite important aspect to check before picking rubber flooring. Smooth un-textured floors tend to become slippery in very less time.
- Rubber floors are resistant to moisture accumulation but in some cases the problem of seepage is quite evident.
- Rubber flooring is resistant to staining but few cleaning agents,’ detergents, grease are dangerous as they might discolor the surface resulting in an unattractive allure.
- For the very first time when the rubber is installed it emits an unpleasant odor that diminishes with time.
- Due to the grading system rubber flooring for commercial application is quite expensive.
- Rubber flooring finishes are dull and cannot be choice to be laid in living rooms, bedrooms and hallways.