With the right mop, laminate floor cleaning is a walk in the park. Given below are some useful tips that will guide you, as to how to clean your laminate floors with ease.
There are two things that are most important:
- Cleaning solution: A manufacturers cleaning solution can be used or even a homemade solution can do wonders to your floor. Below you can find a homemade solution. Whether it is the manufacturers solution or homemade solution, put it in a spray bottle and spray the cleaning liquid onto the mop and clean.
- Microfiber Mop: The best way to clean a laminate floor is with a microfiber mop. Firstly this kind of mop glides smoothly on the floor, this helps pick up dirt and pet hair. The revolving head helps cover large areas and they are very flexible, as they go under the tables and chairs with ease. The best feature with these mops is that they use little water and can clean better.
- Homemade solution: Mix 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar and a spout of dishwasher detergent.
Follow tips below to clean laminate floors in a safe way!
- Sweep your floor regularly.
- Laminate flooring is not wood; therefore you must never wax or polish your laminate flooring.
- Never use bleach or any cleaning agents that have chemicals for cleaning.
- As laminate is known to be less scratch resistant never use steel or scrubbing pads.
- Do not soak the microfiber pad in water, just dampen it and mop your flooring.
- Mops like string mops or sponge mops use a lot of water, if excess water is left on the floor, it may cause your floors to warp.
- Use a sponge to blot up spills.
Removing some unusual stains or marks:
Nail polish: Use a nail polish remover. After that, use a damp soft cloth to wipe it clean.
Chewing gum: Use a plastic knife, to remove it and then use a soft cloth dampened with mineral spirits to wipe the remains. Remember never to use metal as this will scratch the floor.
Red wine, cola or crayon: Dampen a soft cloth and wipe the area clean, if it is crayons dampen the cloth with mineral spirits and then clean.
Blood: Use a window cleaner and wipe with a soft cloth.
Scuffs or heel marks: Use a pencil eraser and wipe it clean.
Grease: First place an ice pack and wait for the stain to harden. Then scrape it off with a plastic knife. If there are any remains, use a bit of window cleaner and soft cloth and wipe it clean.
Hope you enjoyed the above cleaning tips and will helpful to make your floor shine. Also, avoid walking with shoe in the house and consider door mats at entry and exit. Following these simple tips will prevent your laminate flooring from being damaged or aging.