Sometimes choosing between carpet and hardwood is a practical choice, while at other times it is a question of aesthetics. Because some people love the softness of carpet, the way it muffles footsteps and adding a cozy feel to your home. Some choose hardwood for its natural beauty, as it enhances the splendor and magnificent opulence to any room. Also, there are countless style and design options available in both types that meet your style and budget.
But, while selecting flooring for your home or office- whether it’s a carpet or hardwood- It is important to consider factors like design, comfort, price and feasibility.
What would you choose Carpet or Hardwood? But it’s a big decision for you right?
Simple!! Weigh the pros and cons and decide the best flooring that suits your style and home décor.
Carpet- Carpet makes a home warm, cushy, quiet and cozy! Also provides as a striking design element. Choose the carpet floor that helps you express your unique style.
Advantages of Carpet:
- Carpet delivers comfort and soft underfoot in your homes or to any commercial places like institutions, hospitals, industries etc., where people are on their feet all day.
- Carpet stifles falls, slips and reduces noise caused by foot traffic.
- Carpet is a natural insulator, providing added warmth in chill climates.
- Carpet is quick and easy to install, where it takes usually a day to complete the project.
Disadvantages of Carpet:
- Carpets can stain easily as it almost comes in light color. Stains can be difficult to remove if you don’t opt for carpeting with a stain resistant coating; also it tends to hold odors.
- Carpet collects pet hairs, dust and other debris, so carpet may not be an ideal choice for people with allergies.
Hardwood- Hardwood enhances the beauty of a room and with proper care, wood can look pretty much the same after years. Also, many homeowners feel that hardwood can be the exemplary of durability. Other benefits of hardwood include-
Advantages of Hardwood:
- Hardwood can be sanded and refinished, restoring your floors to look new.
- Hardwood will not penetrate dirt and allergens as carpet do.
- No other flooring will boost your home resale value quite like hardwood.
- Hardwood floors can last for decades if well maintained.
- With hardwood, you don’t have to worry about stains. Simply clean up spills with a damp cloth.
Disadvantages of Hardwood:
Regardless to their richness and sturdiness, hardwood does have some drawbacks-
- Hardwood is highly expensive than carpet.
- Hardwood can be damaged by anything from high- heeled shoes to furniture. The softer the wood, the more easily it can be damaged.
- Wood floors can splinter or break if they are highly sensitive to moisture from washer leaks, water heaters and bathrooms.
Carpet and hardwood are both great options for your home. It’s up to you to decide, your artistic desires and your budget to figure out the perfect fit for you and your family.