Carpet Flooring is one of the best materials to ensure long- lasting beauty, comfort and durability. However it requires regular cleaning for perfect hygiene as well the life of the carpet. Carpets are pretty versatile and one of the most integral home decor items. Also, it has a great functional value especially during colder climates. Carpet flooring has both comfort and multiple choices of every home.
With these enduring characteristics, your carpet should be maintained properly with regular cleaning that makes you feel comfortable with healthy environment. Regular carpet cleaning is very advantageous to your family.
For unusual carpet stains, you can follow these smart and simple tips to remove:
Water-Based Spills – For water based spills club soda works well.
- Dribble club soda on the stain.
- Let it set for a moment.
- Then, blot to remove the stain.
If the stain stills persists, here you can go with try one of the methods:
Stubborn Water- Based Spills, Blood and Latex Paint -
- Mix one-half teaspoon of dish detergent/liquid hand wash with one pint water, and press with fingers into stained area. Soak stain with lukewarm water and blot.
- If still the stain continues, then dab with water, fold paper towel, and place over stain with weight.
- Keep checking the paper towel for every five minutes, or until it is stain-free.
Dark- Colored Liquids (Wine, Cranberry Juice)-
- Soak stain with clear, lukewarm water and blot.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide and blot (this is usually for food- dye stains).
- If still the stain persists, apply 2(HO) again, immediately followed by household ammonia.
- Use this procedure only for white or half white carpets.
- Test a small hidden area first to make sure that the 2 (HO) solutions won’t cause any adverse effects to the color or the texture of the carpet.
Chocolate, Coffee, Grease and Ink-
- Apply alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent to the stain and blot dry immediately.
- Nail Polish- Remove the polish by applying nail polish remover to the stain and blot immediately with paper towel. Repeat the same until its stain free.
- Ultimately, vacuum to restore the carpet texture, also all the area to dry completely.
- Continue until gone- Keep repeat the procedure until the stain gets disappeared.
- The longer you wait to get stain out of the carpet, the harder it will be to get it out. So, act sooner when it is still wet. Avoid walking on the cleaned spot until it get dry completely.
- Wear rubber gloves while using chemicals just to be careful.