you are renovating or building a new house and you want to decide on the type of flooring, there are a lot of options available for you. These options include tile flooring, carpet flooring, hardwood flooring, vinyl flooring, cork flooring, laminate flooring among others. If you want flooring that is easy to install, durable, scratch resistant and easy to maintain, then laminate flooring is the perfect option for you.
Laminate flooring comes in a lot of patterns, quality, shape and size. Before deciding upon the flooring you need, think about the following things.
- How much traffic is your flooring going to endure? Do you have kids or pets in the house that could spill things over the floor or stain your flooring? If yes, then make sure to buy a more resilient surface.
- What is the décor that you are looking for in your house? Would you like to give your flooring a wooden look? Or maybe you would want some textured laminate flooring?
- If your floor is heated then make sure to have an under floor that can help the heat pass through and if the floor is not heated up, then fix a thermal and acoustic insulation in the under floor to keep it warm enough.
- A myth associated with laminate flooring is that it fades with too much exposure to direct sunlight. This is false and in fact the flooring can be appreciated in full sunlight without harming it.
After you have been through the check list, make sure to look for the following things in a laminate floor:
- A strong backing layer and a dense core layer.
- The print/texture on the plank.
- A UV surface to protect the print/image from fading when exposed to direct sunlight.
- A grade suitable to your needs and budget.
- A ISO 9001 rating for production and management quality
- A ISO 14001 rating for environmental commitment
Here are a few tips to make your flooring last long:
- To clean a stain on the laminate floor, use a damp cloth instead of a bucket, brush and polisher. They can harm the surface rather than cleaning it.
- In order to clean the floor, use the detergent recommended by the manufacturer. Using any other detergent, bleach or polish can spoil the flooring unlike in the case of vinyl or tiles. In case of a persistent stain on the floor, use a thinner to clean it.
- Frequently and aggressively washing your laminate floor can damage it. So in order to prevent that, the floor should be regularly vacuumed or broom often. A doormat should be placed outside the door so that it attracts all the dirt. Also, if there is a liquid spill, pebbles or residual soil, the floor should be cleaned immediately.
Choosing the perfect laminate flooring can be a difficult task. This article contains all the pre-requisite knowledge you should have before you choose the perfect flooring for your home and as a bonus also gives you tips about how to make our flooring last long. What are you waiting for? Order your favorite flooring today.