Laminate flooring creates an impression to any interior with its grace and can mimic virtually any type of hardwood floor. Laminate can also add resale value to your home, if maintained with proper care. But just having laminate floor doesn’t automatically keep it looking nice; you have to take proper care. At the same time it can be maintained in an effortless way anytime and it doesn’t need an expert’s hand. If maintained in the right way, laminate can provide value for your money.
Let us see some best ways to clean your laminate flooring-
Tip 1- Laminate flooring is relatively easy to care.
- Cleaning process should start by sweeping/ vacuuming or dry mopping the floor to remove dirt and to maintain the wear layer.
- Take a laminate floor cleanser to a small section (few drops is enough) on the floor directly. If in case, you don’t have a cleanser handy, u can replace with dish soap on your laminate flooring.
- Lastly in a bucket of clean water, dip your mop and clean it thoroughly and dry it quickly.
Caution- Cleaning with too much water can cause damage to laminate flooring.
Tip 2- Hot water is one of the best ways to clean the laminate flooring but the water does not need to be steaming hot.
- Hot water wash should be performed once in a month or after a wide area of the floor has gotten dirty.
- A sponge or traditional style mop cloth can be used for hot water cleaning.
- Hot water wash should be done with the mixing of liquid dish soap in 1: 8 ratio of dish soap and Luke warm water in a bucket respectively.
- Soak a sponge mop in the solution, wring it thoroughly and clean it.
- Soap water is a good choice of cleaning for laminated flooring.
Tip 3- Solution of vinegar and water is a special way to clean your laminated floor.
- 60 – 80 ml of diluted vinegar should be mixed in 4 litres of water to prepare the best product to clean the flooring.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle for proper use.
- Spray the vinegar solution onto the floor and wipe it with dry cloth (do not spray the entire solution at once on the floor).
- Vinegar solution cleaning is the protective way for laminate flooring and this solution brings shine in a short span of time.
Tip 4- For removing stains on laminate, make use of window cleaner.
- Spray the window cleaner on the stains and wipe it clean with warm water.
- Use a smooth fibre cloth for wiping so that it can avoid scratches and damages on flooring.
- Removing chewing gum is critical on normal flooring but on laminated flooring we can scrape away the gum with a plastic knife (do not use metal knife).
- After scraping, clean the floor with hot water for a shiny look.
Tip 5- Easiest ways to remove crayon marks and ink marks on laminated floor is detergent mix with hot water.
- Mix the solution in a bucket and dip the soft cloth and wipe it on the stains.
- Ink remover can be used to remove ink marks.
Conclusion- Laminate floors are popular for both households and commercials. Maintaining laminate floors is an easy job if done in a right way.
Tools are required for cleaning- Vacuum cleaner, Dust mop, Sponge, Old towel, Diluted white vinegar, Dish soap, water and bucket.
- Make sure to use micro fibre cloths for cleaning so that we can get smooth and soft cleaning.
- You should never use an all purpose cleaner for laminated floors unless the floor is really dirty, most of the times you just need to sweep with a dry mop or hot water mop.
* Please give us your valuable feedback on this article.