Vinyl flooring is very popular among homeowners, because of its great value. It is available in a wide range of colours, designs and styles that can match any decor. Vinyl is a synthetic cousin of linoleum, is water and stain resistant, versatile and provides durability for its cost.
Types in Vinyl Flooring-
- Vinyl Plank/ Sheet Flooring
- Vinyl Tile Flooring
Vinyl plank/sheet flooring is more water resistant and one can DIY, but usually many homeowners prefer vinyl tile, which replicates the look of a ceramic tile floor at an affordable price.
When you decide any floor type you must look into few things-
- Does it suit the style of the room/home?
- Is it water resistant?
- How durable is it?
- Will it stand up to kids?
- Is it slippery?
The History of Vinyl- A variety of desirable characteristics continues to make this as a versatile flooring option. However, before you choose vinyl for your bathrooms you should carefully consider both pros and cons to ensure the vinyl is a best choice for your bathroom.
Vinyl has become a widely used option for bathrooms because of its benefits and the value it offers.
- Vinyl is extremely inexpensive when compared to other flooring options.
- Vinyl floors are easy to clean and also provide great water resistance in your bath.
- Vinyl is a smart substitute for tile, natural stone or even wood.
- A better insulator than tile, giving it a slightly warmer feel and it is relatively soft, which makes it more comfortable to stand on for longer periods of time.
- As far as cleaning and maintenance goes, vinyl is hard to beat. It practically requires little maintenance. It needs to be swept or mopped occasionally to keep the floor clean.
- Vinyl is relatively durable and long lasting, but it is difficult to repair if sharp objects fall on it.
- Over time, some vinyl floors develop bumps or curls at the edges or along the seams.
- Because of its lower price point, vinyl won’t do much for your home’s resale value.
However, with little care and maintenance, vinyl can be a smart choice for your bathrooms.
Choosing the right material for your flooring needs is a critical part of your home depending on its pros and cons. Express Flooring is here to help you. To know more whether vinyl flooring is right for your project, Contact us today.
* Please give us your valuable feedback on this article.