Vinyl is a synthetic material made of polyvinyl chloride and a plasticizer agent. Vinyl is one of the long- lasting, attractive, versatile flooring options available in today’s market. It comes in various colors, textures, patterns and standards that offer practicality and suppleness to install in any area of your home. Vinyl is a very convenient flooring option for both residential and commercial purpose as it gives comfort and ease to walk underfoot. It can withstand a lot of wear and tear in high traffic areas. It gives an artistic beauty to your home and is incredibly economical choice for the people who are on a budget. However, maintaining vinyl flooring is not so simple, you should be very careful to keep your vinyl floors realistic and beautiful for the years of existence.
To keep the lasting shine and fresh feel of your investment for as long as possible, we suggest you to follow these instructions-vinyl flooring
- Vacuum or sweep your floors frequently to remove dirt, sand, and other particles that step in with foot wear and pets dander etc, also, make sure you are alert to soggy substances and other sticky stains to act immediately as you notice, this is to prevent from permanent staining on your vinyl floors.
- Protect your flooring from sun exposure as it ruins the span of your vinyl flooring. Because constant exposure of sunlight can cause vinyl to fade over time.
- Use natural weave doormats or rugs on your vinyl floors to keep away from debris and dust into your home. Avoid using mats or rugs that are backed with latex or rubber that could cause permanent damage to flooring.
- Use floor protectors under furniture legs to prevent vinyl from scratching and scuffing. Placing heavy objects directly on vinyl flooring may cause the floor to crack or damaged.
Don’ts for better care of your vinyl floors-
Vinyl –needs a regular cleaning for better maintenance and ambiance.
- Do not use wax or solvent-based polishes on your flooring that may result in damage and could ruin the span of vinyl.
- Do not use abrasive/ harsh cleaners or detergents or shiny products that may leave a dull layer on your vinyl floors.
- Avoid using bristled brooms, vacuums with beater bars as it can visibly damage the floor surface.
- Avoid using harsh abrasive scrubbing tools.
After immediate installation of vinyl flooring, do not place furniture on the floor for at least 24 to 48 hrs. Put mats in planned locations all overyour home to catch spills and dirt. Make sure not to place mats with rubber or latex backing, as they can permanently scratch luxury vinyl flooring. Use floor protectors to protect your luxury vinyl from scuffs and tears, this is to avoid permanent damage to your vinyl flooring.
Ultimately, caring for vinyl flooring is equally important as making the choice of its installation at your property. With proper care and maintenance, it can endure some of the messiest and busiest activities in your home.