Floors goes through the most wear and tear as compared to other fixtures at our house. Hardwood flooring and hardwood installation is a big investment as they are durable, add warmth to your rooms and offer a great stain resistance to your floors.
Hardwood flooring stores offer a variety of wood flooring and with simple and everyday hardwood maintenance tips; you can keep the warmth and beauty of your flooring intact for a lifetime.
The best tips given by hardwood flooring stores are as follows:
How to keep your floors clean?
- Sand, dust, debris can cause scratches on your hardwood flooring. So, it is imperative to sweep, clean and vacuum your flooring regularly.
- Do not use a wet mop or steamed mop, as water is the biggest enemy of your hardwood flooring. Water can dull the finish of hardwood installation and damages all the shine with time.
- Hardwood flooring stores have special cleaning products that are only meant for hardwood floors only. Use them to clean your floors at least once a week.
How to clean up spills and stains?
- Wipe off spills, fluids or other falls immediately with a soft damp cloth as it can cause permanent stains which might not be removed or replaced.
- Do not use ammonia, oil or bleach on the flooring as it will also cause stains or discolor your flooring.
- If you have tough stains such as ink, oil, nail polish or lipstick, you can try cleaning with stain remover or acetone. But when you have removed all touches of stains then make sure to wipe the area with a clean cloth.
- In case if you get wax or gum on your floors, initially put ice and then use an old card to peel it off. This will prevent the outer layer of your flooring.
Things to do and Things to avoid
- Hardwood flooring stores advise you not to use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors. Even, acrylic waxes and other polishes cause your hardwood flooring to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
- Use throw rugs on high traffic areas and doormats on the entrance. This practice will prevent debris and dust to enter the house that can cause scratching on your flooring.
- Use a humidifier throughout winters to minimize gaps, which will prevent hardwood installation from future damages.
- When you are moving your heavy furniture, do not slide it, as it will cause scratches and other damages to your flooring. The best thing is that you can do is to pick it up and place it softly on the required space.
So in order to prevent the beauty of hardwood flooring and hardwood installation Phoenix, having a daily cleaning routine and following the above hardwood maintenance tips is the key to preserve your flooring for life.