What is Carbonized Bamboo Flooring?
Bamboo flooring is a renowned naturally produced material. The initial color of bamboo is light (blonde shade) as it is a grass and not a wood type. The carbonized bamboo comes in deeper timber shades when it is steamed or boiled. This process is called “Carbonization”. The different types of color shades are produced by heating the bamboo for longer and shorter duration. These bamboo shades are visually attractive and add a great deal of aesthetic ambiance to any coordinate.
Carbonized Bamboo Flooring Types:
Carbonized bamboo comes in two varieties vertical carbonized bamboo and horizontal carbonized bamboo. The differences between the horizontal and vertical carbonized bamboo can be easily distinguished. These variations in the strip patterns are quite attractive and unique for an elegant semblance in the interiors. Horizontal bamboo appears with distinguished growth rings, where as vertical bamboo has a uniform array of growth rings (only difference is alignment). Horizontal bamboo stripes are wider with nodes in each plank whereas vertical bamboo strips are thinner and longitudinal with no traces of nodes.
Carbonized Bamboo Flooring Pros:
- Bamboo is a fast growing Eco-friendly material. The carbonization process doesn’t involve any chemical treatments enabling the carbonized bamboo as an Eco-friendly material.
- Carbonized bamboo is not at all expensive its relative cost is same as the natural bamboo flooring.
- The flooring is free from dust, allergies, insects and mites. It is easy to clean and keep up.
- They are easy to install like the other hardwood or natural bamboo flooring and resistant to moisture.
- Carbonization of bamboo is generally done to offer multiple shades for customers.
- They are stain resistant and never get faded.
Carbonized Bamboo Flooring Cons:
- Carbonized bamboo flooring is softer than natural bamboo floors. They reduce their hardness up to 20% making them easily susceptible to dents.
- It cannot be used in high traffic areas. Its applications are restricted to only residential use. Even though few carbonized bamboo flooring is suggested for commercial purpose their efficiency is still an uncertainty.
Is carbonized bamboo flooring apt for residential expanses?
Yes the finishes of these carbonized bamboo flooring is coated with Aluminum Oxide making it less prone denting and marring. It can also act as moisture barrier up to certain level.
No flooring option available in the market comes with 100% guaranteed resistance to flooring troubles. There are always few limitations for every type. Carbonized bamboo flooring may not be a tough flooring option but still is most resilient and maniac flooring option for hardwood flooring admirers.