Carpet beetles are persistent pests that can cause severe damage to your carpets, clothing and other fabrics. If you have noticed carpet flooring beetles in your home then you should be more attentive, because these toxic insects can eat fiber, linen, rayon and certain food. They can be found in almost any part of your house. So, it is important to get rid of these annoying scavengers.
Carpet beetle Identification:
Black carpet beetles are very dangerous and the widest spread ones where it causes huge damage to fabrics. These irritating bugs feed on fuzz, dead animal materials, woolen products and plant materials and frequently found in carpets as well as pantries and kitchen cupboards.
Most places to find larvae in your home:
- Beneath Baseboards
- Corners of carpet Around door casings
- Under and in upholstered furniture.
It’s not an easy thing to deal with any type of carpet beetles in your house. Carpet beetle larvae’s are very risky and prefers to feed in protected places like Area rugs, carpets, garments, coverlets, slippers or any soft materials.
Here you can go with some helpful tips to get rid from larvae of carpet beetles:
Vacuuming: Vacuuming is the best strategy of the suspected infested places. So firstly, vacuum your carpet tiles, furniture and curtains. Look over the floor and pick the things that are infested by these carpet beetles. Then do a thorough wash in warm water.
Regular vacuuming of carpets and furniture can really help to prevent infestations yet again.
Preventing Spray– Use prevention spray regularly for carpet beetles.
Boric Acid: Boric acid is an effective method for removing carpet beetles. Spread it on the carpet and fabric furniture where it kills all the living beetle larvae and prevents the new once from infesting.
Caution: Avoid Boric acid using on dark materials as it does have a bleaching effect.
Mothballs– Store your clothes and fabrics with mothballs to deter carpet beetles from hanging around.
Things to be noticed if the house is infested with bugs:
- Shed skins and fecal spots of bugs.
- Bugs around the windows and baseboards
- Holes on the rugs or carpets by beetles.
Here are the decent steps to get rid from carpet bugs:
- Make a careful look to find sources of infestation.
- Clean and wash outdoor trash bins and check if there are any dead insects in cracks and pipes where that can be a food for carpet bugs.
- Check storage areas and clothes regularly and store your clothing’s in clean shelves.
- Keep away infested clothes as they can increase the danger of bug’s infestation.
- Use a precisely labeled spray against carpet bugs and apply insecticide to rugs and carpets in your home.
- To prevent beetles from any entry ways, windows, vents and utility pipes use spray liquid insecticide along the areas next to your home.
Ultimately, prevention is the most efficient way to avoid problems with carpet beetles. Organizing and maintaining your house is the best remedy to prevent invasion of bugs. Remember, multiple treatments are usually required to eliminate all the larvae and adult carpet beetles, and to prevent another infestation.
To know more about Carpet Cleaning methods please do visit our blogs: