Exotic woods are the preferential choice for their natural aura to your homes. Because of its pleasant appearance exotic woods have always been one of the top flooring types. Last week in the first part exotic wood flooring types we covered Ash wood, Oak wood, Maple wood, and Mahogany wood. Here is the list of few more attention grabbing exotic wood species.
Few More Exotic Wood Flooring Types
Exotic Cherry Wood: It is also called as fruit wood. Cherry wood comes in different shades and makes it unique for its nature black color. It increases its brightness when faces the sunlight.
Cherry wood is preferably the best flooring option for bedrooms, dining and living area.
- Pros: The most gorgeous and stunning variety among wood is cherry.
- Cons: Less resilient and not at all suitable for areas with high traffic.
Exotic Hickory Wood: Hickory is the heaviest and hardest wood with close grain structure. It has got a unique color variation that stands ahead and throughout.
- Pros: Extremely hard and easily manageable.
- Cons: Difficult to install. Shrinking rates are high.
Exotic Walnut Wood: Walnut is the most versatile and principal choice of flooring. It is sturdy, sustainable and comes with a beautiful dark light chocolate color.
Walnut flooring is applicable for bedrooms, dining areas, hallways.
- Pros: Walnut flooring charm is remarkable. It embosses any area expanse.
- Cons: They are prone denting and marring in the areas with high traffic.
Exotic Bamboo Flooring: Bamboo flooring has many characteristic that resemble a hardwood. Bamboo is very versatile and resilient. Bamboo can be hard as oak and soft as pine purely dependent on their species type. Bamboo flooring is admirable in areas with very less moisture. Bathrooms and kitchens should not be laid with bamboo as they may warp and swell.
- Pros: Bamboo flooring is long lasting, easy to clean and allergy resistant.
- Cons: The surface is prone to scratches. It is not resistant to high moisture content. Do not have grading system to analyze the strength and hardness of bamboo.
Find more information about Bamboo flooring here.
Exotic Birch Wood: Birch wood consists of straight and tight grain structure. Chiefly found in North America, it is preferred as flooring types mostly in its unfinished state. Birch can be stained that could resemble it with that of other woods.
Birch flooring is mainly suggested for domestic purpose only.
- Pros: Birch wood is less expensive than maple wood.
- Cons: The surface of the birch becomes rough quickly. The sweet smell of birch always attracts wasps and bees to in habitat.
Exotic Teak Wood: The most ideal type of flooring that is indigenous to South East Asia and also a few species are found in Africa. It is highly resilient and easily adaptable to all the climatic conditions.
Teak can be used in any areas of your home, bathroom, kitchen, living rooms and even in commercial outlets, teak flooring is a great option.
- Pros: Teak is highly durable and resistant to moisture and insects.
- Cons: Installation of Teak is very expensive.
Now it’s time to pick readily your favorite exotic wood for your flooring to have captivating interiors. Let us know in the comments section below.