It’s hard to see your favorite carpet getting stained with gravy and other things making the visual allure unattractive. Thanks to the latest carpet types that are stain resistant and can be managed easily. But still these unexpected spills on carpets are still annoying. If left unclean for long time, these stains may penetrate deeper into your carpet flooring making it difficult to remove emitting an unpleasant odor.
Tips to Clean Gravy Stains from a Carpet
- Take a spatula and remove the excess gravy, so that the sauce and the oil do not go in much deeper.
- Use blotting paper, cloth or talcum power to avert the stain getting spread. Leave it for 10-15 minutes for the talcum powder to absorb the oil and liquid content. Remove the talcum powder by vacuuming.
- Use white vinegar by diluting it in water in 1:2 ratios. Remember vinegar contains acetic acid its direct use may stain the carpet color or may turn allergic to your pets when comes into contact.
- You can also use household ammonia to remove the gravy stain by diluting it in two cups of water. Be careful with ammonia improper use may discolor the carpet surface.
- Acetone based nail polish remover is also effective in removing the gravy stains from the carpets without damaging the color.
- Mix enzyme detergent with one cup of warm water, apply it to the stain and rinse it thoroughly. Leave it undisturbed for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it, you will see your no traces of gravy stain remaining.
- Mix detergent and half cup of vinegar in one cup of warm water to remove the dense gravy stain. Rub the carpet surface once the stain gets removed, use a damp sponge to remove excess detergent base.
- If the gravy stain is not so deep .then just by soaking the area in warm water for two-three times will get rid of the stain mark easily.
- You can also use the liquid dishwasher in one cup of Luke warm water to remove the gravy stain. Never use laundry detergent for cleaning these stains, as they contain dyes that may stain the color of your carpet.
- Consult professional cleaning services, if you think the stain is not getting removed and using any other natural techniques further may damage your carpet surface. Try consulting an authorized carpet cleaning expert as inexperienced cleaners may use the cheap chemical that may, in turn, worse the problem of gravy stain.
Gravy stains and unexpected spills are very common but you need not to worry. These natural techniques would decently help you. Always analyze the stain properly before applying any home remedy. Sometimes applying these tips without proper research may result in unexpected damage to the carpet.