Hardwood has become a popular floor material in today’s high end technology; enable a very tough and hard wearing finish which adds value to your home. If properly maintained hardwood flooring can last a lifetime. These floors are very easy to maintain, just with regular cleaning, keeping it swept and dry avoiding all the harsh elements is enough.
Here are some tips you can go with to keep your hardwood floor new after ages-
- The first and the foremost prevention should be against moisture. Extra care should be given in bathrooms, kitchens and any other wet rooms where spills can cause damage to the hardwood flooring.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly so that, abrasive dust won’t be scratch the finish of your floor.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Avoid using high heels, as they are worst enemy of hardwood flooring, as they might cause indentations on your flooring.
- Place mats in high traffic areas of your room, for prevent dust and dirt on the floor.
- Mats are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points, and within high traffic areas of kitchen, to protect your floor from dropped utensils and spills of water, detergent and food.
- Use floor protectors under furniture legs to prevent scratches and gouges. Keep the pads clean and replace if damaged.
- Maintain humidity levels in your home between 35% and 50% to protect your floor; also it is good for your health as well.
- Check moisture content in the air using hygrometer to ensure that relative humidity is within the recommended range.
- Direct sunlight can discolor your dark hardwood flooring which is a normal and natural phenomenon. So to protect the color of your floor, curtains and blinds should be kept drawn.
- Move your carpets and furniture occasionally and use a minimum number of light sources to keep color changes uniform.
- Keep your pet’s nails trimmed to keep them from scratching your flooring.
- To prevent surface damage, avoid rolling heavy appliances and furniture on the floor. Use plywood hardboard or appliance lifts, if necessary.
Hardwood floor care instructions-
For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, then harden the spot with ice and then gently rub with a plastic scraper. However, be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. At last, wipe with a damp cloth.
Things to avoid while cleaning Hardwood Floors-
- Avoid using oil based, wax, polish, strong ammonites , abrasive cleaners or acrylic finishes.
- Do not use steel wool or scouring powders.
- Do not allow water to stand on the floor for long time, wipe up immediately.
- Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material, which could cause swelling and warping.
- Do not use any type of buffing machines to remove any kind of spots or stains.
- Do not use rubber, foam back or plastic mats as they may trap moisture and possibly discolor your floor.
- Do not use vacuums or hard heads.
Ultimately, caring for hardwood flooring is equally important as making the choice of its installation at your property. And it’s surprisingly easy and comfortable to maintain. Phoenix hardwood flooring provides you the evergreen hardwood products and solutions in Arizona region.