Carpet- is a preferred flooring option with extreme softness and provides long lasting glimpse to your home. Carpets are the most attractive decors for flooring; however their maintenance is always around the clock work. If there is any lapse on your part to maintain the carpet properly, it will make your room look messy and unpleasant.
Does your carpet smell bad all the time, when you walk in to the room? Do you want to change your perfect looking carpet that has no holes, spots or faded? Getting worried of annoying odors in your rooms where you have carpet?
Relax!!! Below you can see some effective tips that can keep your home odor free.
Tips to control carpet odors-
Carpet odors may obtain due to- Over dampened, high humidity environment, or if your carpet is not dried properly after washing it, mildew or mold is probably a trouble with odors.
If this is the case, Mix 20% plain white vinegar in water. Clean the carpets all over again, dry it carefully. For a quick dry open doors, windows and use fans if required to remove moisture where your carpets smell fresh. Or you can use a special deodorizing solution available in the grocery store for your carpet.
Deodorizing smoke Odors from Carpets-
Firstly, do not encourage anyone to smoke inside the home. It increases the odors and will not let your carpet stay clean for very long.
Tips to control smoke odor from carpets-
- To get rid of smell on your carpet floor, sprinkle baking soda onto the carpet.
- With a corn straw broom, scrub the baking soda into the carpet and ensure it gets into the fibers and allow it to sit over night.
- Next morning, give the carpet a deep vacuuming, going over it as many times to pick as much of the baking soda as possible.
Odor Control tips for Deodorizing Carpet Smells-
A quick fix for neutralizing odors left by urine or smoke is, to fill deep bowls, full of white vinegar and place them under sofas or chairs around the room. To smell fresh, allow it sit for a night and then remove the next day.
Though vinegar smells bad than annoying odors, it works well in absorbing obnoxious stink and deodorizing carpets!!
How to keep your home Odor Free-
There are ample of things to keep your home odor free. Here are the tips to treat over-
- Keep your home ventilated passably.
- Get the trash out of the house regularly and keep your home clean.
- The biggest odor causing trouble is mildew and mold. So, control the humidity to maximum.
- Clean the spills as soon as you notice to not stain the floor.
Ultimately, you can use deodorizer or air fresheners, but at the same time it is more important to get the odors out of the room before they worsen instead of masking them. Hence, Carpets requires high levels of maintenance where you need to conscientiously get it deep cleaned at least once in a year to keep carpet looking new for ages.