Bedroom flooring is an essentially personal feel as one of the important aspects of bedroom designs is the flooring you choose. To choose the best bedroom flooring for your home, consider the function of the room, the age of the occupant, the room’s decor and the required maintenance. Bedroom is a place where you want the flooring to be soft, plush and comfortable underfoot. After designing such a good decor, it is obvious you would go for attractive, but comfortable flooring.
Also, when it comes to flooring, there are multiple options available to you, each having own set of advantages and disadvantages. However, before going with the best option there are number of factors that have to keep in mind in order to make sure that you have made the right selection.
To meet your purpose here you can go with several outstanding bedroom flooring options where you can choose the best option.Carpet Flooring– Carpet is the most popular option for bedroom flooring where it is readily available in limitless count, as it is essentially to the fact that is soft beneath and warm under foot. It also protects you from colder climates. Also another advantage of carpet is that it provides a certain amount of insulation for the space where this helps to isolate the room from outside noises. Together, carpet flooring will also protect the room against the loss of heat, ensuring that the space remains warm.
Price is an additional factor that makes carpeting in the bedroom so admired. However, the price for superior quality materials will be higher comparatively. Also, have to consider that Carpet Flooring has a shorter lifespan than other alternatives in flooring like hardwood, so it should be replaced frequently.
- The major drawback in bedroom carpeting, it is very difficult to keep it dirt free.
- Stains can seep into it and remain permanently.
- Carpet tends to attract both dust and small microbial organisms.
Hardwood Flooring– The second admired choice for bedroom is hardwood flooring next to carpet flooring. Hardwood is not a particularly inexpensive bedroom flooring materials. However, it is quite popular for its natural beauty, sturdiness, and resiliency. It’s also possible to every so often refinish hardwood floor, which can cost a fraction of a new install, which makes the material look brand new.
- It can be very noisy.
- No insulation capacity and noisier at high traffic areas and you may able to heed every foot step.
- Also provides little in the way of heat insulation.
Cork Flooring– Cork is another floor surface covering that is very soft and squashy under foot. It is fairly easy to keep clean and maintain, however it can be damaged by gouges, tears and rips. Pet claws are particularly dangerous to the surface of cork floors. To restore its original appearance, cork floor can be refinished for limited number of times. Cork is relatively unusual flooring material for bedrooms and it is widely available and also serves to insulate the bedroom against both heat and noise.
- Cork is moderately soft material where it can be easily scratched, get damage from pet claws, furniture legs and sharp heels.
- It is expensive, with thicker and high quality.
- Long-lasting cork floors costing as much as many hardwood options.
Vinyl Flooring– Vinyl is a vast choice for bedrooms as it is remarkably versatile. It can reproduce the look of any material in pattern or color and these are very easy to care for. It resistant to marks, scuffs, damage, and water penetration. Vinyl is available in such a wide range of colors, patterns and styles and can be suited to almost any idea you desire. Also, it can be made to resemble natural materials such as hardwood and stone. While bedrooms are generally low traffic locations, you can sweep or vacuum the floor clean every week in order to get rid of free debris. If it is well installed and properly cared off then it can last for years to twenty.
- Vinyl is relatively not good for the ecological concerns can say as “non-environmental friendly”.
- Inexpensive, poorly made vinyl materials can also off gas Volatile Organic Chemicals, which can contribute negatively to the air quality of the bedroom.
Laminate Flooring– With Laminate flooring you have the ability to get the look of sophisticated hardwood or natural stone with no drawbacks of maintenance or pet damage as the surface of laminates consists of very thin piece of the natural material. Laminate reproduce the look of hardwood to some extent, its feel. This can be merged with underlay padding alternatives, which can make the surface both soft, and insulated.
- Laminate is not as durable as hardwood or other hard surface options.
- Laminate flooring cannot be refinished. Overtime of wear layer will be degraded and scratches will appear.
- Life span of laminate stands on the quality of the material and the thickness of the wear layer.
These are the types of flooring which suits your bedroom; also make sure that your choice for your floor is practical in terms of maintenance, beautiful to look which offers the greatest comfort to your family.