Prevention is always the best way to keep your carpet clean before it causes a major damage. To save money, Carpet cleaning can be done with the household cleaners without having to use the high priced cleaning chemicals. Regular maintenance of the carpet will help you to prolong the durability of the carpet and extend its life. If you ever wanted to know how to clean carpets with simple ease, below are the few simple ways to remove the stubborn stains and to avoid staining smells.
Tips to Clean Carpet Flooring:
- Vacuum it often to clean the stains immediately as some stains may stick to the floor and need to put lot of effort to clean them at a later time. Vacuuming should be done slowly and smoothly to clear the dirt as much as possible.
- Majority of the dust can be cleared off with the use of the entrance mats. Placing walk mats at the entrance way will help you to clear the soil from the foot wear. But make sure to wash the walk mats frequently.
- If the carpet flooring is full of mildew and stains, make use of lemon juice and salt solution to clean. You can use hydrogen peroxide or vinegar as an alternative to clean the floor.
- Steam cleaning once a week is beneficial to increase the life of the carpet. It is recommended to clean the carpet thoroughly by professionals at least once in 6 months or 1 year.
- Using carpet powders or baking soda is considered to be the best technique for cleaning your carpet. Just sprinkle the carpet powder over the carpet and leave it for at least 30 minutes or it is better if you can leave it overnight. This helps you to clean easily by softening the stains.
- Carpet shampoo is one of the popular carpet cleaning tips. There are plenty of brands in carpet shampoo, so it is better to choose the best one for cleaning. Mix up the solution as mentioned on the packaging or in some cases it is just required to dilute with water before cleaning. Do not wet the carpet, as it will increase the drying time. Now, scrub on the dirty areas with the use of a hard-bristled brush and let the carpet dry.
- For sticky stains like gum and etc, make use of ice packs to make it harden before you proceed to remove. This will help you to peel the gum easily from the floor.
By following the tips above, you will find that cleaning carpets is a quick and simple task. But do keep in mind the below handy hints.
- Always make sure to clean the stains as soon as it occurs. Because, if stains are remained to dry into the fibres’, it will be a difficult task to get it out. Remember that fresh stains are usually wet and they come out within a less effort.
- Never wipe off the stains directly, as this will simply spread out the stains to a greater space of the carpet. Instead of wiping, it is recommended to blot the stain as the cloth directly absorbs the wet stain rather than spreading it.
- Always try to test any new stain removal methods or new cleaning chemicals on a sample spot of any hidden area to check whether it is safe for your carpet type or not.