Usually when homeowners think of flooring, the first choices that come to mind are either hardwood, ceramic tile or laminate but they do not consider vinyl or linoleum as a flooring option as they are considered being outdated. But due to the advance in technology, homeowners will be surprised to see that vinyl offers more options than most other flooring materials.
When choosing a flooring material, there are many options but they can be narrowed down by taking into consideration some basic points like budget, functionality of the flooring and the place it is being installed. Some people might get excited thinking about hardwood or stone as a flooring option but they may get upset when they get to know its price and that they are not suited in all the areas of a home.
For such instances, vinyl is the best option as it is well suited for all areas in a home and can exactly mimic the look of either natural wood flooring or even stone. In vinyl flooring you get a variety of options of colors and patterns to fit your décor perfectly.
Vinyl has come very far, and in fact has become an option for homeowners. Vinyl floors have many advantages and given below are a few of the benefits that will help you to choose vinyl as a flooring option to your modern homes.
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring:
- The manufacturers of vinyl floors have redesigned and modified the look of vinyl to catch up with the trends of other flooring options. The designs of vinyl flooring are capable of capturing the look and the warmth that one gets from a wooden flooring. If you are looking to get the same look of a tile or stone, then vinyl floor is the best option available in the market today.
- Vinyl is considered a flooring option that can be installed in any area of a home. It is made of a water resistant plastic polymer. Vinyl flooring is resistant to water and mildew. Unlike wood it doesn’t get cupped or warped due to change in weather conditions. It is stain resistant, scratch and dent free flooring option and is also considered to be the easiest flooring to maintain. The only maintenance one needs to do is to vacuum your floors regularly.
- If you are looking for flooring within a limited budget but should fit your criteria of looking good and feeling comfortable then vinyl is the best option.
- Vinyl comes in three different variants, sheet, tiles and planks. Sheets come in rolls either 6 feet or 12 feet. Tiles have a variety of patterns and come in squares, there are self adhesive tiles that are very easy to install and if there is any damage you can replace it very easily. Lastly planks come in either 4 inch or 6 inch in width and 3 or 4 feet in length.
- Vinyl floors can last for a very long time with very little but proper maintenance.
- Given the fact that vinyl floors are scratch and dent resistant, it is a good option for homeowners with kids and pets.
Vinyl flooring has become the most popular flooring option as it is the best option for bathrooms and kitchens. It is very comfortable underfoot, for people standing for long periods of time. Another advantage of vinyl is that it doesn’t get cold in winter.