Made from a mixture of polyvinyl chloride and plasticizers, this modern flooring known as vinyl is often used for high traffic areas where its durability is gladly welcomed. Vinyl flooring is flexible, versatile, and can be made in a variation of colors and patterns. It is a fairly more affordable option than other flooring.
To choose the right vinyl look for your home we have two options : Inlaid and Printed.
• Inlaid vinyl refers to when color granules are embedded into the vinyl sheet. This gives the vinyl a deeper look, and provides the option for many colors. When examined closely, specks of varying shades can be seen, which create the overall hue.
• Printed vinyl is just same as it sounds; a pattern or color is printed directly onto the vinyl. This type of vinyl flooring is very popular and looks very beautiful which makes it the first choice for homes . Because of the nature of printed vinyl, it can be made to look like other, more expensive, flooring.
Homeowners can achieve the look of hardwood or marble flooring, even if it isn’t in their budget. As far as colors and patterns available, the options are practically endless! There are several quality features found in vinyl that are important to the consumer. All features may not be found in both sheet and tile goods. Quality features for vinyl include: “no wax surfaces,” degree of gloss and surface texture, recovery capabilities, whether sunlight protected, underfoot comfort, and the thickness of the top wear layer.
Like most flooring, vinyl can come in different sizes and shapes to better fit the look of the room. Flooring can be made as per the requirement like sheets, tiles, or planks.
Sheet – Vinyl sheet flooring is a single roll of flooring usually 6 to 12 feet wide. Vinyl sheet limits the number of seams and is also great for high-moisture areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
Vinyl flooring is also offered with three different types of wear surfaces:
1. Vinyl No Wax
3. Enhanced Urethane.
• Tile – Tiles are great when vinyl is made to look like marble or other classically tiled flooring. It can be relatively easy to install and creates a cohesive look in a new room. One of the benefits of having individual tiles is that they’re easier to replace when one is damaged. You can also use the vinyl tiles to arrange a pattern.
• Plank – Planks are ideal for vinyl flooring that is made to look like hardwood, as it imitates how wood flooring is cut. Vinyl planks also provide more stain resistance and durability than traditional hardwood planks.
* Please give us your valuable feedback on this article.