Homeowners know the great benefits of having vinyl flooring in their laundry rooms, kitchens and bathrooms but only a few realize the benefits of vinyl when choosing it as an option for the garage floor. Protect your concrete garage floors by covering them with one of the best floor covering options. Vinyl flooring was expanded by manufacturers as an alternative to traditional linoleum, and these materials look similar after installation. Vinyl comes in unlimited patterns and colors, including many versions designed to mimic natural stone and other types of tile. Minimal maintenance and water resistance are the two main factors to consider vinyl flooring as an ideal choice for the garage. Vinyl flooring adds the perfect finished look to any garage.
Benefits of Vinyl Garage Flooring:
Consider the following advantages, before choosing vinyl garage flooring
- Vinyl installation can be done in just a few hours of time, either as a DIY project or with the help of the professionals.
- If you are living in a cold climate, vinyl protects the garage floor against the deicing fluids.
- Vinyl is a slip resistant flooring option.
- Wide variety of designs , colors and patterns are available
- It conceals scuff and stain marks.
- It can be easily trimmed off to fit any area (shape or size), with the use of a utility knife.
- Repels moisture.
- If damage occurs, they can be easily replaced and a new coat of wax can be applied.
- If stained, they can be lightly sanded to bring back the color.
- Requires no scraping or painting.
- Easy to DIY and budget friendly.
- Lasts for many years with a minimal care.
- Glossy finish of the flooring provides a brighter garage due to the overhead lights reflecting off the surface
- Vinyl can be cleaned easily
- Durable, resilient to chips and fairly easy to keep clean.
After reviewing this extensive list of benefits, you must be thinking that price will be a catch somewhere. But vinyl flooring is relatively inexpensive and it runs economical for professional installation. Actually you can have a professional and good looking Vinyl garage floor installed for less than you think, especially if you DIY. If you haven’t done it earlier or not sure, then you can always find someone to install it for a fair price.