Mahogany hardwood is characterized by its rich, brown-red color and striped look. Mahogany wood is known for its hardness and long-life. It is an eye-catchy wood, which is used for the bodies of guitars and opulent, especially designed to create yachts and boats, and also can create doors and other furniture for your house.
One of its popular uses is in flooring. Mahogany hardwood flooring is very durable and last for lifetime. Mahogany hardwood floors give your house a rustic and classic look. Hardwood installation Arizona team also suggests that mahogany hardwood floors also best suits to modern interiors and accentuate your home décor as well. Arizona hardwood flooring expert says that the beauty and durability of mahogany hardwood flooring makes it the ideal choice for flooring.
Despite many benefits of mahogany hardwood floors, it has many drawbacks too. So, it is important to weigh its pros and cons before taking the decision.
- Mahogany is harder than other woods like oak, pine etc. In fact, it is 70% more stable and harder than other variety of woods. Its properties of hardness and durability having no grooves or pockets make it water resistant and scratch free too.
- Mahogany wood planks are usually cut from quartered logs, so there are fewer chances of these planks to be bended due to heat and other diverse conditions.
- The biggest advantage of mahogany hardwood floors is its appearance. It matches to any type of furniture or any décor of the room. It’s textured and beautiful patterns for flooring make it the most appropriate choice for many Arizona hardwood flooring experts.
- It does not fade easily as it absorbs sunlight.
- Mahogany gives value to the house as it is reasonably priced. Harwood installation Arizona team believes that it is a cost effective alternative to many other exotic wooden options available in the market.
- As it is dark colored, mahogany appears dust free and look nice and clean at all times.
- As it is very hard as compared to others, it is difficult to cut, give different shapes and also have tiring installation process. The workability is a biggest issue with these woods so it is always recommended to hire a Arizona hardwood flooring expert who will help in cutting, shaping and follow up the whole installation process.
- As mahogany hardwood floors absorb sunlight, the color of the wood becomes more dark overtime. Arizona hardwood flooring experts prefer to opt for light colored mahogany wood that turns dark with time.
- Its characteristics of durability and rarity add to its cost as compared to other flooring options.
- There are many trees that have mahogany in the name. So, you might tend to buy the inexpensive mahogany options but the chances of getting duped in this case increases, as less priced mahogany might not be as durable the original mahogany woods.
Hardwood installation Phoenix team suggests you to consider all pros and cons of mahogany hardwood floors before you choose.