Vinyl flooring is resilient and sustainable, most common choice in the areas with high traffic. It is the most beautiful and flexible flooring type that comes in two varieties sheet vinyl flooring and vinyl composite tile. Vinyl Composite Tiles (VCT) are famous for its sturdiness and are highly preferred in commercial and institutional areas. This type of vinyl flooring is a recent advancement to enhance better performance in high pressure areas. These tiles are easy to install, can be refinished and replaced without much physical effort.
Vinyl composite tiles (VCT) are available in the market with up to date designs awe-inspiring pattern and multiple shades that create a unique semblance of elegance. These tiles available in market under different styles that are a photographic mimic to stone, wood, tile etc. Vinyl composite flooring comes in 12×12 dimensions under different grade system for residential and commercial installation purpose. Before picking flooring for interior and exterior expanses, a quick understanding of the pros and cons of vinyl composite tile flooring is apparent.
Pros of Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) Flooring
- These tiles offer excellent dimensional stability that are impact resistant and cause very less wear and tear.
- They are very much stable to UV radiation and excess heating that allows this flooring variety flooring to last long without fading away.
- Mostly made of inorganic filler that offers advanced strength to the flooring to retain at least for 15-20 years with minimum damage.
- No need to compromise on designs and quality. Vinyl composite tile flooring has numerous attractive designs with promising slip resistant surfaces and finishes.
- This variety of vinyl flooring, not only creates attractive interiors, but also adds value to the property for its natural looking refined finishes which are priced reasonably.
- Most of the tiles create noise when something is moving on its surface. But vinyl composite tiles are excellent noise absorbents; they do not produce any sound or noise while walking. Hence a preferable commercial flooring option in institutions and business organizations. VCT is also an excellent choice for supermarket or retail shop flooring.
- They are resistant to water accrual and does not expand or become slippery like wood and concrete.
- A very good flexible, flooring material to handle for DIY (do it yourself) in the interiors or exterior.
Cons of Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) Flooring
- VCT are easy to install but the sub floors on which it has to be laid must be checked thoroughly. Any humps, uneven surfaces, nailing edges can cause these tiles to brittle easily with in no time.
- Even though these tiles are, UV radiation and fade resistant, extreme climate changes can affect the flooring making it lose its original shine and color resulting in dull surface look.
- If not installed properly, a minute dirt accumulation or fleck of dust can also cause brittles in this flooring type.
- Vinyl composite tile flooring becomes strong due to the adhesives used while installation making it difficult to remove while renovating or replacing the existing floors.